You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



Booty & Books


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There's nothing like a late afternoon romp with a buddy--especially when, for This Man, that buddy is as hot as my friend, P. But even after rolling around for close to two hours and finally laying around, spent and getting caught up on what's been going on with both of us, I think the most interesting part of the afternoon with him was when we started talking about books. As I was getting dressed, I couldn't help but notice the vast collection of books on his bookshelf. There was everything from Augusten Burroughs, Ronald Dahl, Kurt Vonnegaut, Jr and a few French philosphers. This Man was more than impressed! Finally, here was a booty buddy that was into books also.
So we stood around discussing the books of Burroughs and exchanging information on authors that the other should check out. He was hardcore--some of the books that he owned were first edition copies. Wow! It was a mantastic afternoon, if I say so myself.
Smells like a keeper, right?

Meanwhile, I had the unfortunate privilege of breaking the heart of a good guy who This Man just didn't want to date. I mean, when given the choice of being friends, buddies who screw each other or dating, This Man will always choose the former. I mean, I know eventually there's going to come a time when I want to settle down and meet a nice man and sweep him off of his feet, however in the here and now, I'm comfortable with going out on a couple of dates, having great sex all while keeping my options open (what can I say, I love variety). Things with JS and I had, after six months of separation, picked up at such a rapid pace, This Man was afraid of slamming into a wall.
I mean, pump the brakes...pump the brakes!
Well a couple of nights ago, I get this super long email from JS and in this email he goes on to mention what he thinks a friendship should be. Granted, I enjoy being around him, I enjoy talking with him and I like chatting online with him--he's an all around nice man. And while the sex is phenominal and the conversation is along my level, I just don't see him as the guy that I would want to date, however, I do treasure his friendship. All this being said and him basically professing to having feelings for me, This Man was forced into a situation that I'd been in before.
When forced to choose, do I choose the sex without the relationship, the friendship without the sex or a relationship that's not guaranteed? And what if This Man were to choose the relationship and it failed--do I loose the friendship also? Or do I take the risk and pray that the friendship doesn't become bitter-filled? The whole situation was very familiar to me because only a few months ago, This Man was in the exact same situation with The Dutchman after I'd professed to having feeling for him only to have him go back to his ex-boyfriend, then to turn around and attempt to recreate what we had previously. Ultimately, we ended up settling for being friends and so far that's working out. So that's why, just to be safe, when forced to gamble, This Man takes the safe route and chooses the friendship.
Friendships last longer and only get better with time and that security makes it worth the gamble.

Mahalo.


0 Responses to “Booty & Books”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3