You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



Paxil, some cigarettes and a surfboard to ride the wave.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This evening turned out to be one of those evenings where This Man wishes he could've taken a Paxil, smoked a few cigarettes and rode out the wave of depression.

But as it turned out, that was not to be and I would, in fact find myself slowly getting on my own nerves with the unnecessary bitching and complaining (don't you hate that). Then, to make matters worse, when I was chatting with a good friend, S, she said something that made me feel even worse than I was initially.
The conversation went something like this.

TM: "...and I've decided that when we get back to San Diego, I'm going to actually go to the parties that I get invited to. And I'm going to meet some new people and make some new friends!"
S: "Yeah, so this way you can let people know that you are alive and living. And you won't feel like such a nobody."

I laughed at her remark but at the same time, I wanted to wail because she was telling the truth. She later explained that she was referring to herself and not me but I could feel free to take that remark and do with it as I pleased.
It did get me thinking though. Every couple of months or so, This Man reexamines his life and then do a little personal housekeeping. I always end up listing all of the bad things about myself or the small things that could use some changing and then try and take steps to change. For the longest time, I would always point out that I needed to quit smoking. So now that I've done that, I'm no more closer to my own personal happiness than I am after I've convinced myself that a new pair of 7 jeans will lift my spirits (the only person in that situation who's spirits gets lifted is the salesguy working on comission at Nordstrom).
Needless to say, I've been walking around looking sullen and long-faced (which is not attractive, at all) for no real reason. I'm ready to get back to San Diego. I'm tired of these same people and I'm just all around frustrated and upset today.
And there's always tomorrow.

Mahalo

(FYI, This Man stopped taking Paxil almost 4 years ago. TG_H)




1 Responses to “Paxil, some cigarettes and a surfboard to ride the wave.”

  1. Blogger a_diva_in_red 

    TG, As your friend I see you sliding down the depression hill which you tend to do every odd year around 1/28. I need for you to understand you are such an inspiration to my life. Need I list things to remind you of how great you are..I shall?...ok here goes. My top three.

    1) Encouraging me on the hardest day of my life 8/4/96 from approx. 2:45-2:51 am. You were there for me as my biggest cheerleader when my own Mother was reduced to hall duty. You helped me give birth. I will always be grateful. You held my hand, you never let it go and you made it possible for me to find the strength to welcome my womanhood at it's greatest moment.
    2) The countless "wardrobe meltdown's", Usually they occur on a Tuesday night around 10:15 when all the malls are closed and I have a date and a big day at work the next day! You have pulled together some of the most amazing ensambles. I will never forget it.
    3)Being there to get me when I got my wisdom teeth got pulled. I was so scared. It was just a simple procedure, but I was scared to death. When I woke up and did not see you, I wanted to scream. I felt so helpless and alone. However, I knew you would be there, and there you were. I never told you thank you. Sometimes, you're all I need at the end of a bad day.

    Have your bad day, your entitled, but please know you are missed and loved by McNabb and Myself beyond your imagination. Cheer Up! "We will hold you through these times to help you be strong"

    Diva

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3