You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



The gospel according to Mr. Martinez


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yesterday while I was in the chair getting my hair cut, my barber and I were discussing the Michael Jackson case and where his fate lies. While Mr. Martinez and This Man both agreed that chances were slim that MiJac would serve any prison time, Mr. Martinez did point out that Jacko would spend a lot of money defending himself--even if the evidence pointed toward a guilty verdict. My barber also said that the real and only reason this case is being handled so delicately is because the accused is wealthy. But ultimately, Mr. Martinez concluded it always comes down to money, but he was quick to point out that money is not the root of happiness.
He said this line (and I quote), and I haven't forgotten it yet.
"Money doesn't change anything. Most people think that once you get a lot of money--your life gets better, but it doesn't. If a wino were to win a million dollars, he wouldn't be rich--he'd just be a million dollar wino."
And that, my friends, is the gospel.


1 Responses to “The gospel according to Mr. Martinez”

  1. Blogger Rod 

    You can always count going to the barbershop for some good ole' wisdom. Pa was right: money just makes you a richer _____ (insert name/trait here).

    Very cute blog, I noticed that you linked to me. Drop me a line, I would like to do the same and write you up.

    BTW, the clock rocks!!

    Rod
    brotha2Brotha

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3