You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



No Penitentiary Promises


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Here's a hypothetical question for you...
If you were being paroled tomorrow, how would you spend your last day in prison?

Well for This Man, the situation isn't quite as drastic but when I dwell on the notion that this deployment is almost over I can't help but relate it to that situation. Of course, wouldn't you know it, this day is going by so slow. I declared that I wasn't going to do any work today, and so far I've stuck to that. It was so cold today that I could think of doing nothing more than slipping into my pajamas and catching a quick nap. Alas, I skipped that, knowing that if I did, I would definitely be up and wide awake tonight. So in turn, I went out and took some pictures around this fine warship.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We're still carrying the civilians onboard and basically, the entertainment crew failed at keeping these people occupied. Today, however they were engaged in some Damage Control Olympics, which included donning fire fighting gear and manning a fire hose in a relay style. They all looked unenthusiastic!
Later throughout the day, This Man pretty much spent doing absolutely nada! Earlier this evening, however, I came across an email from a friend of a friend's. His name is WX. WX and I emailed each other back and forth and he posed the following question.
He'd been in San Diego for just over a year now, and why hadn't he and I gotten together to meet? Interesting enough, I'd wondered the same thing. I met WX one evening while chatting on Gay.com. At the time, he was stationed in Rota, Spain. After chatting, I'd mentioned that I had a friend who was stationed there also. Instantly, he knew who it was!
Eventually time went on and we would chat whenever the both of us were online. We'd even went so far as to attempt to meet in person over beers, but our schedules kept conflicting.
So the next thing you know, it's been a year and This Man feels like an ass! WX seems like a nice guy and I can't figure out why I didn't go out of my way to meet him. Nonetheless, I did promise that while I'm on vacation, I would get together with him because too much time has passed. That and This Man could always use another friend.
It's only 1830, This Man hasn't packed any of my things and I'm getting a bit tired. I already know that tomorrow is going to be a long action-filled day, but the good news is, I'll be able to tell you all about it from the comforts of my own workstation at home. Plus, I'll be able to finally add all of my pictures. So until tomorrow...

Mahalo


0 Responses to “No Penitentiary Promises”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3