You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



Something to Remember


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
One year ago today, This Man started a humble blog merely as an outlet for the voices in my head. I'm still amazed that I've managed to continue blogging even when there were times that I just wanted to lay the whole idea of blogging to rest.
One year ago today, I was onboard my favorite warship, enjoying a brief port visit (and what would be my last time there) in Hong Kong. Blogging became a source of entertainment for me. I was interested in what others had to blog about as well as what I would actually blog about.
One year ago today, I was missing my family. But the deployment was supposed to be brief and it would've been just a matter of time before I was home with them again. Had we been able to forsee the natural disaster that would occur two days later then I would've been more prepared to settle in for the extended stay overseas.
That's right, it's the one year anniversary of This Man's Life! I can't believe I made it this far! I kept telling myself that I would go back and read all of my entries if only just to see if my writing style had improved any. But for some reason, I'm afraid to only because I know This Man and how he operates and I would probably go back and start proofreading and correcting and possibly even giving myself grades on my writing style.
Since I don't plan to dwell too much on the past, I will give a brief overview of all that has been covered in my small blog.
  • the countless stories of life in today's Navy's all covered while onboard my favorite Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyer.
  • the anticipation of getting back to San Diego after being extended in the Indian Ocean during the tsunami.
  • finally returning to San Diego.
  • falling in what I thought was love.
  • professing my love for a few men in my life
  • getting dumped a few times
  • getting my heart broken
  • breaking a few hearts
  • transferring to shore duty
  • finally getting a social life in San Diego
  • going on dates (finally)
  • met some fellow bloggers
The list goes on and on. It's amazing. I guess all I can really say is, I'll plan to keep blogging until there's absolutely nothing else that I could possibly blog about and only then will I lay it to rest.
Hopefully my writing gets better and the voice that I'm desperately trying to find continues to get clearer. The changes that I made to the look of my blog were good, now it's time to work on the content. The first year is over. Now it's definitely time to capture more tidbits of This Man's Life. You may need to sign a waiver.

Mahalo


0 Responses to “Something to Remember”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3