You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



Good (fucking) Morning


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Oh man, what a morning this one turned out to be for This Man! From the moment I opened my eyes and heard a bunch a jibberish coming across the 1MC (loudspeaker, for you non-Navy types) and into my berthing on this fine warship, I knew it was going to be a shitty day and I wanted nothing more than to pull the covers over my head and sleep this one away. But of course, all hell would break loose if I were to even attempt that notion. So This Man proceeded to throw on my coveralls, slide into my boots and rush down to Radio for quarters, where believe me, I didn't miss anything of grave importance.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thank God, I hadn't bothered to wash my face, brush my teeth or shave, considering I was only there for a total of 10 minutes.
From there, I could feel myself slowly moving into my despondent manner. I was sick of looking at the guys that I work with and I was tired of being out here in the middle of the ocean with this bunch of clowns. And just hearing their voices was enough to send me over the deep end. Simply put, This Man was not in the mood for anyone or anything!
And a sailor in a bad mood is merely a challenge for other sailors to see how far they can go to piss you off!
So I guess to avoid any unnecessary confrontations and to keep myself out of trouble, I've pretty much remained low key and have avoided talking to anyone. However, I've found myself smoking like crazy--and without feeling the least amount of guilt. I know back in December, This Man touted that I'd finally been able to put the cigarettes down and was going to make sure I never started back smoking, but today even as a couple of so-called friends came up, wondering what I was doing smoking, I merely shot them a look that would've silenced Joan Rivers!
I told you I was in a shitty mood.
But I suppose my mood changed once I chatted with my friend, JL during my quick trip to this warship's store to buy more soap. This Man and JL have quickly become friends by way of a maze of secrets. It's kind of funny really, she tells me some of her secrets and I tell her some of mine. So I guess in a way, you could say we've bought each other. We both harbor the other person's dirty laundry. It's a friendship based on the knowledge that one slip up and the crew of this warship will know all of my business or hers for that matter. I think it keeps us honest.
So chatting with her for a while kind of took my mind off of whatever it was that was driving me crazy and I was able to just relax.
And that's it. I still have a ton of work that needs to get completed but believe me, it's nothing that threatens the safety of the crew so it can wait a while. I still plan to avoid interacting with these people if only because they all seem to get on This Man's nerves. And in a while, I'm going to slip off and find a nice place where noone will find me and sneak in a midday nap.
See, I'm feeling better already!

13 days until San Diego!

Mahalo


0 Responses to “Good (fucking) Morning”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3