You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



Singapore A Sixpence


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



First off, there's good news and there's bad news.

The good news is, This Man and the rest of the crew of our fine warship have finally been given walking papers to leave the Indonesian area, where if you'll recall, we were providing humanitarian relief and assistance to the people of Banda Aceh, Sumatra, Indonesia. Like relatives during the holidays, I like to think that we kind of overstayed our welcome. Nonetheless, in a couple of days, it will be "All Ahead Full" as we make way to terminate the area and This Man finds himself that much closer to San Diego. I can hardly wait!

The (somewhat) bad news is our next stop is Singapore.
Now before I go on, allow This Man to elaborate about my affair with the city-state of Singapore. I first came to Singapore way back in 1995, when This Man was new to the whole Navy-game. At the moment, I fell in love with the place. The people, the stifling humidity and the shopping (oh man, the shopping) I loved it all. The city is beautiful! This Man can testify that everything that you've heard about the place is true. It was love at first sight. It was the perfect connection--a city too clean to imagine and This Man who has OCD. Can you say, kismet?
I came back in 1997 and continued my international romance with the city that only a person
diagnosed with OCD would love. With all thanks to the Gulf War in 2002, I returned and did a 10-day follow up in 2003. I was this close to renouncing my citizenship.
You see where I'm going with this?
Well just when I think that I'm a bit tired of the city...we're heading back there. UGH!
Needless to say, I'll get some decent pictures, spend more money than I should at Armani Exchange & Burberry and get bloody drunk. And since I really don't have a thing for Asian men, chances are, This Man will not be screwing anyone while in there.
It's about time for This Man to end my affair with Singapore.
The countdown to San Diego has begun!

Mahalo.


2 Responses to “Singapore A Sixpence”

  1. Blogger Alexis du Bois 

    What a pity that you don't like Asian men. No wonder you shop so much. I'm reminded of an old Mae West song from some ancient movie where she sings, "I'm an Occidental Gal in an Oriental Town." :-)

  2. Blogger Alexis du Bois 

    I check it out every day. Everyone loves sailors. :-)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3