You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



Humanitarian Relief or...Football?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I can't believe the Navy practically gave us a day off to watch football! That's pretty much what's happened out here today with This Man and the crew of our fine warship. We're still in the vicinity of Indonesia, but the workload is starting to lessen and what's more important, football or humanitarian relief? Exactly!
So to occupy my time, I've been doing a little online shopping, sending instant messages to my friend, S (even though she's only 1 deck above and a few feet away) and getting caught up on my email. Sadly, there's nothing of interest worth mentioning.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We received snail mail this afternoon. I got a Christmas card from my grandmother. I know what you're thinking and I was a bit surprised too that she even bothered to send a card to me in response to the one that I sent to her--a month ago (did someone say snail mail). But I should be thankful because she didn't have to send it all, but now that I mention it, she didn't have to be so formal either (she addressed the card to Mr., I mean, what's up with that?). Nonetheless, I still have it in my pocket and for a brief moment, it kind of made me feel bad for not staying in touch with her much better than I do.
I also received a package from L and let me tell you that it's amazing how something so simple as a package of jacks can liven up and otherwise dull Monday afternoon. She sent me two packs of jacks ( I gave S a pack and kept some to myself) and it wasn't long before we were out in the passageway playing jacks like two kids on a Saturday afternoon. Nevermind that This Man couldn't get past onesies, the moment was grand.

Mahalo


1 Responses to “Humanitarian Relief or...Football?”

  1. Blogger Jason Hamilton 

    Your Blog is linked here re: my point about Blogs and the War http://jasonhamilton.blogspot.com/2005/01/they-are-there-we-are-not.html
    Jason

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3