You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



My Biggest Fan


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had this email in my Inbox today, it was from L. It read:

I noticed the DVR has been recording a lot more than
usual, that red light has been on off and on all day.
I thought nothing of it, I just thought he was
recording a marathon of Teen Titans or The Kids Next Door.
Until I settled in to watch one of my shows. D.
That son of yours has started the DVR recording Law &
Order again, so you and him will have some to watch
when you get back. Isn't that sweet?


Now THAT was enough to floor This Man! I'll explain why...
I am a huge fan of Law & Order--not L & O: Special Victims Unit, L & O: Criminal Intent or L & O: Trial By Jury. I'm talking about Law & Order the original (and if you put Angie Harmon & Benjiman Bratt in there--This Man is sold). Nevertheless, like I mentioned, This Man loves Law & Order. Well, thanks to the invention of the DVR, I make it a point to record the show whenever it comes on--which is, like, 5 times a day if you have cable and watch them either in the evening or on the weekends.
Before this fine warship departed San Diego for Asia, my son, D, had finally jumped onboard and started watching the show with me. Granted there are some things in each episode that he doesn't have a clue about, but I don't mind explaining what it means to supress evidence, or what's forensics, or Why Jack McCoy is perhaps the best Assistant District Attorney on television! because like, D, I enjoy the quality time with us curled under a blanket, with a couple of candles lit, staring at the 60 inch screen.
So to get this email, informing me that he's already started making preparations for my return was enough to leave me speechless! I've been told more times than I could count that, "D is my biggest fan," and that, "he loves me more than I'll ever know." And if I've ever needed proof of my son's loyalty and love, it's in the email above.
Only a week left, D, then it's you, me, Det. Green, Lt. VanBuren, Assistant D.A. Jack McCoy and the whole criminal justice system!

Mahalo


0 Responses to “My Biggest Fan”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3