You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



Attention Target Team Members...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wasting time on a Friday afternoon and after having lunch with my best friend, L. This Man, on a whim, went down to Target in Mission Valley and applied for a job. Perhaps This Man should back up and explain the whole story.
Simply, I want an Apple Powerbook. This Man already has it picked out and and I know which accessories I want to go with it. So I'm looking at around 2500 dollars. With my current salary, it would've been practically impossible to set aside the money to get it (my shopping habits are ridiculous when combined with things such as bills). And since I'm in the process of transferring to a new command, This Man has more free time than I know what to do with. So it only makes sense to get paid for it, right?
So back to Friday afternoon, I was having lunch with my best friend, L and she put the idea in my head.
"Why the fuck not?!" This Man said outloud. It made sense to me. L even volunteered to help me look for a prospective job. I wanted something that didn't require too much thought and no responsibility involved. I was afraid to ask for a job application at Hollywood Video--so we stormed out of there. Starbucks was having a job fair--next month.
This wasn't going so well for This Man. After leaving L (she went back to work), This Man decided to go to Target and apply there. The Mission Valley store is pretty close to my house and as much time as I spend in there, why not get paid for it, right? Looking bummy (in a red tee shirt, 7 jeans and flip flops), I drove down and filled out their electronic application. There was an older lady sitting next to me and she seemed to be struggling to complete all of the questions. Hilarious, I thought as I whizzed through the 5 sections of the questionnaire.
You have completed all sections of the application. At this time, please pick up the red phone to your right and a Target operator will be on the other line momentarily.
"Hello?" This Man sounded a bit unsure of myself.
"Hi."
"I just finished the electronic application and it told me to pick up this phone for further instructions."
"Yes, would you be able to come to the back for an interview right now?"
"Ummm, " I looked at my sloppy attire. So much for a first impression, "sure. Okay."
"Good. Just come back past the electronics department. Make a right and then a left. You'll see a door marked 'Target Team Members Only' , come through that door and have a seat."
I did just as she told me (and sure, I went to the wrong door initally, but eventually This Man found the door she was talking about). The interview process was pretty simple. Though I wasn't able to dazzle the first interviewer with my charm, somehow, someway I managed to win her over because she recommended a second interview. This Man thinks it has something to do with my response to this question.
"Why do you want to work for Target?"
And I said, "Well, Theresa. I've always loved Target and I spend a lot of time in this store. However, I need to make more money to supplement my income. And since the Navy doesn't just go handing out raises and my schedule is about to change in a major way, I figured why not.
And I want a new laptop and the only way I can get the money for it is to work for it."
The second interview was just as pleasant. Ultimately, Maureen came out and asked if This Man had time to go over to a lab and submit a sample for the mandatory drug test.
So 1 hour and a urine sample later, This Man was on his way home. Of course Target has to perform their mandatory background check and wait for the results of the drug test, but This Man is pretty confident that I'll hear from them this week. The Powerbook is getting closer and closer to within my grasp.
I'll keep you updated.

Mahalo

(Target photograph courtesy of Wikipedia.org)


1 Responses to “Attention Target Team Members...”

  1. Blogger Jason Hamilton 

    Hey - This Man, very funny yet practical post. My site has been ranging from either my recent trips (China to DFW) or nerdy pursuits so probably more boring than usual - wink. So just an FYI I finally moved it to a hosted site. http://blog.jasonshamilton.com It gives me more freedom but it appears the older photos are f'd and need fixin'

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3