You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



The Meme entry.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This Man received an email today from my fellow blogger, Orbicon, and after reading it and accepting the challenge, I sat down at my workstation and commenced thinking about 5 things that my friends like but I just don't quite get. So without further delay, This Man presents my meme.
1. "Straight" acting. Okay, if you spent as much time in gay mens' chatrooms as This Man does, you would see this term used more often than someone saying that they want a guy who's gay acting. I've seen it so much that I started asking guys what the term meant and what they liked about other men who were "straight" acting. The term is defined as a guy who happens to like other guys sexually, however he has done such an outstanding job at fooling everyone into thinking that he's actually straight. This includes men who have taken masculinity to a whole different level. These men don't go to gay bars and clubs, they drive trucks and definitely aren't the least bit feminine. They play sports and spit on the sidewalk and on and on the list goes. What This Man doesn't understand is why anyone would want to bear that title. It seems to me that it would be one of the biggest oxymorons ever! He's gay but he acts straight. Is that even possible? And what's so attractive about a pretender? So This Man is sick of that term. And I have a news flash for all those straight acting gay men out there. Cruising gay chatrooms and gay cruising sites is not a "straight" acting thing to do. So let's find another term. I know, how about Manly.
2. Those annoying salespeople at Armani Exchange. Sure they're cute to look at and they may even have a small working knowledge of the new Spring line that's on the floor, but for some reason whenever This Man steps into A/X, I seem to get either a.) the ditzy salesgirl who knows nothing about mens' clothing, but she's desperate for a commission and b.) the homoqueen who's so preoccupied with flirting (the one time that flirting is a big turn off) that he barely remembers what store he works at. I mean, flirt with This Man and I may be in the mood to respond, but if you're not prepared to exchange phone numbers once the flirting is done, then keep those tired words-- and that ninety-eight dollar Iridescent Stripe shirt! And since I'm bitching about those fucking idiots, why don't they learn how to do an in-store return.
3. Ebay. Simply put, it's too fucking risky for This Man. I'll admit that I've been on the site and I've placed a few bids (only to be ridiculously outbid--and I really wanted those shoes), but whenever I go to the site and look at some of the things that they have to offer, I can't help but get nervous. Sure, there are some great deals to be made from the auctions, but This Man will forever be leery of a site that offers a brand new pair of Rock & Republic jeans for 45 bucks! Bargin, I think not. So the rest of the world and my friends, you can have that auction site, This Man will continue to go to the mall and get the real deal without the doubt.
4. Guero by B
eck. First off, I'm a true Beck fan! This Man thinks the guy is very creative at what he does with his music. However, contrary to all of the hype when his latest CD was released, This Man thought it sucked. And you can never understand how pissed I was the morning that I purchased it at Starbucks (given that I was late for work), only to find that every track on the CD totally sucked! UGH! Just thinking about the fact that I own the CD and can never pump myself up to give it another listen. I was so mad at some of my friends behind this garbage CD that I actually got into a screaming match with some of them. Never again!
5. MP3s. Just think of This Man as the guy who held onto cassettes for as long as I was able to. I know that MP3s are the way to go as far as music is concerned. They're, by far, cheaper to obtain than purchasing CDs and you can carry thousands of them in the palm of your hand. But what this man hates about MP3s is the fact that they take away the need to peruse the music stores. This Man loves shopping for CDs! I love Tower Records and whenever a CD is due to release and it's one that I've been anxious for, I'll go to Tower at midnight just to purchase it before the few of us who actually still enjoy searching for CDs. Granted this year, This Man does plan to make the switch and get an iPod, I'll always love Tower Records and Sam Goody. There's just something about music stores and being there that downloading from the comfort of your desk will never be able to replace.
Of course, once I got to number five on my list of gripes, some others can flooding to me but I'm not going to write a length description about them. But I will list a couple of them. Those men that work at MAC cosmetics and actually wear the makeup while working. I can't be the only one who sees that the emperor has on makeup! Women, I understand that you're being nice, but don't buy makeup from a man...you'll always be wrong! People who lay around at Borders or Barnes & Noble to read but don't purchase the books. Hello, isn't that what the city library is for...use it! Thanks again, Orbicon for enlisting me with this task. Now, I'm passing it on.
1. L
2. Lil Masey
3. Chad Fox
You guys are up.

Mahalo


6 Responses to “The Meme entry.”

  1. Blogger a_diva_in_red 

    Damn.. you heath... see this is what i get for f**k**g with you.....friends no more...here goes onward to my blog to see me meme

  2. Blogger Rod 

    I don't get any of those. Any of them. *Sigh* Let's not even start on MAC ...

    Rod
    rod2.0:beta

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    do you have an archives section?

  4. Blogger Chox 

    Hey Heath...I'll think about those. :-)

    BTW...hot pic.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well done!
    [url=http://tynjgnwu.com/xybs/odwh.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zfztjgqj.com/zjln/bqsp.html]Cool site[/url]

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well done!
    http://tynjgnwu.com/xybs/odwh.html | http://wxtxgghu.com/fkqg/blfc.html

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3