You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



"We can't have it all!"


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
You don't believe This Man, well keep reading.
So a couple of nights ago, This Man was talking to my best friend L about another friend of mine and her disappointing news. It wasn't gossiping, I was just expressing my concern and sadness and L, I love her dearly, always has the best advice or tidbit of knowledge that's always appropriate regardless of the situation. In the middle of my rambling on, L says,
"You know this is proof that we can't have it all."
That was the one sentence that definitely explained a lot. This Man froze and digested that one liner.
We can't have it all.
And she was right! She went on to elaborate about S. She pointed out that S was a successful and beautiful woman who is in a wonderful relationship. She has a man who simply adores her. A career that's well on track. It was perfect--except for the one thing that would complete her perfect circle. She's not going to have it all.
And This Man. Just as I thought I was well on track with my job. I was starting to fall for a guy that I thought I cared about. My son was healthy and my friendships were solid. Yet, I was unhappy. I would never have the one thing that would complete my circle.
We can't have it all.
L went on to talk about herself. She has a beautiful home a son that she loves dearly. Her friends are dear to her and her job is just starting to take off. Yet her marriage (and This Man knows this to be true) isn't the strongest and she has her own shortcomings.
She can't have it all.
It made such good sense that I couldn't believe that it was so simple and why I hadn't seen it all along. We're destined in this lifetime not to have the complete circle. So of course, This Man attempted to apply this theory to all of my friends and even celebrities. I realized then, that it was true--we can't have it all. So while from the outside looking in, there's always someone's life that we as humans would always be willing to trade for our own, but what we fail to observe is the missing link. The part of another person's life that's missing from their complete circle.
While This Man would never engage in conversation about the after life and whether we'll all come back into this world as another person or object, I do know that if that were true, another part of the link would be missing. It's almost predestined that we're never going to have it all.
There will always be something missing.
It's simple philosophy, but it applies to everyone. Its amazing! So the next time, dear readers, you're at cocktail hour, ponder this thought. It applies to everyone--from my friends and yours and even celebrities aren't exempt and you'll agree with my friend L, This Man and even my friend, S that we can't, indeed, have it all.

Mahalo.


0 Responses to “"We can't have it all!"”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3