You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



...And one to grow on!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosting by Photobucket
Surprisingly, This Man woke up without feeling depressed.
It was that time again. That's right. My birthday.
And looking back on everything that happened today, I'm kinda glad that I didn't find myself in a deep depression like I normally do. Let's see, I got some nice gifts.
My buddy JS, sent me a great gift certificate for 75 bucks to use on Amazon.com (he knows about my love for books). I got two nice pens with my name engraved on them. L and my son, D got me balloons, a cake and ice cream (yum) and even offered to have my car washed and cleaned.
Image hosting by Photobucket
My oldest sister sent me a card ( no money--just the card). Usually she includes money to reflect your age. And a dear girlfriend of mine SML called from Atlanta.
So all in all it was great. This Man has absolutely nothing to be sad about. But it's the conversations and cards that I'll definitely remember. Let's start with the e-greeting from my buddy, JS. It read;
happy 32nd birthday mr. heath. i was trying with no luck to find a vendor for fresh cut flowers via email gift certificate. so yr stuck with an Amazon gift certificate. i have a copy of a DVD at the house ("Fuck House" T.I.M.); you can pick that up whenever. drive by the house in june to see the roses and calla lilies in the front yard in bloom, if i dont kill them before then. enjoy your day
your friend
j

Image hosting by Photobucket
Then there was the conversation with L. She always manages to keep This Man in check.
L: Here's your cake, balloons & ice cream. Now get over here and cut us some cake and scoop us some ice cream.
This Man: You mean I have to serve y'all? But it's my birthday!
L: Look, it's only your birthday for two hours! That's all you get. Two Hours!

And my conversation with my dear friend, SML, in Atlanta went something like this...
SML: So are you doing anything fun & exciting tonight?
This Man: Nah, I'll probably stay in. You know, I'm not exactly looking my best.
SML: You must need a hair cut?
This Man: OMG, how does everybody know that?!
SML: ...because when your hair isn't right, you don't go ANYWHERE!
Sadly, she's telling the truth!

Then later on in the day, This Man was pacing and wondering why I hadn't received a card or a phone call from my sister. I mean, she never forgets to atleast call (and I do the same for her). Just as it was making me anxious, I commented to L.
This Man: I guess I should go check the mail to see if my sister sent a card atleast.
L: OH GOD! And so the depression begins...
Fortunately, she sent the card so I was all good.
Image hosting by Photobucket
So to close out this post, This Man would like to say Thank You to all those who wished me a Happy Birthday. This turned out to be one of my better birthdays in that it didn't involve a Paxil prescription, a trip to the therapist and This Man bawling his eyes out.
Thanks a million for the cards and gifts.

Love Ya,
This Man


2 Responses to “...And one to grow on!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey there Mr. Man ... Just checking out ur blog on my PSP and wanted to wish U a happy belated birthday.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thank you very much, man.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3