You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



Drunk at La Fuente


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This Man finally managed to pick myself up enough to get out of the house and get back on with my life. Sure, things have changed drastically (and I'll get down to explaining that eventually), but I realized today when I woke up, that I was still here and I was going to be okay.
But the reason for me blogging so late/early in the morning was because this evening had such an ironic twist that I had to do something just to get it all out of my head. It all began around 10p.m. this evening. This Man was chatting on Gay.com to a couple of guys and at the same time was trying to decide if I was going to go out to Numbers tonight. Ultimately, I agreed to meet two guys there, neither of which knew about the other one. The classic lines were used..."What will you be wearing?" "What time will you get there?" and, "Call me once you're inside." It didn't matter too much because This Man knows how things are done in gay San Diego. So I showed up as planned but of course, I didn't see either of the guys there which didn't matter because I really didn't give a damn. My first mistake was lingering around my favorite bar station. That was where I ran into my old Navy buddy/friend, RA. He was smashed! So drunk in fact that when This Man picked RA's credit card up off the floor and handed it to him, he looked at it and finally declared, "This credit card looks exactly like mine.!"
It was right then and there that This Man knew that I had to ditch him. If I didn't end up loosing him then it would be me who would be the chaperone/designated driver. And as it is, I can barely get myself home in one piece let alone this drunken drama queen. I quietly slipped into the crowd and tried to disappear.
Ultimately, I ditched RA (more like he was last seen, strolling with a couple of guys--all holding hands) so to my car, This Man went. And here's where things took a turn for the worst.
Fast forward about 20 minutes and This Man's in line at La Fuente, waiting to order my usual when from behind me comes this drunken voice that belonged to the hottest man in the restaurant. He was talking to me! Though at this moment, I couldn't tell you what he was blabbing on about, I can tell you that he looked great. He smelled great and when he smiled, that was great too. He'd never had anything from this neighborhood taco shop and was just wondering how the food was.
Suddenly, I wondered, "Were we in a restaurant?" Never one to smile, let alone laugh, This Man turned around and we started making small talk. I was interested. He wasn't. It was obviously his first time out in "boystown" and the whole concept was a bit foreign to him. I knew right then one of two things about him, 1) He was still in the closet or 2) He was straight. He laughed when This Man asked him that.
"How do you figure?" he asked. I was totally for an instant, taken away by this guy. Hell, I could feel my face turning crimson! Thank goodness, the line was long and the staff was moving slow! It was then, that he launched the missile...he was straight!
Straight! What the fuck?! He only lived in "boystown" because the neighborhood was nice and clean. But he was intrigued by men dating men. At this point, I couldn't take anymore.
But fear not, This Man was pleasant because he was still a nice guy.
There would just be no number exchanging...that's all.
This Man offered him a ride once we both left La Fuente but unfortunately he had his car. But I'm sure, I'll run into him again.
I'm pretty sure, that later on today when I go back and read this, it won't make any sense, so that's why I'm calling it...


1 Responses to “Drunk at La Fuente”

  1. Blogger Rod 

    "This card looks exactly like mine." Oh my. He was smashed.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3