You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



Spring Forward/The Weekend WrapUp


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
All of this is going to take more than 4 minutes and since I made the rule, This Man sure as hell can break it. So without further delay, it's the Weekend WrapUp.
Since This Man didn't go to Palm Springs with J like we'd planned , I went ahead and spent some of the money that I was going to spend there on the new bike that I'd been gawking at for the past two weeks. I did talk to J on Friday and we both agreed that we would try and go this coming weekend, but the way things are going for This Man, who knows if I'll even be up for it come then. So with Palm Springs out of my plans, me and L went and bought a new barbecue grill on Saturday. After harassing the saleslady on the phone about the purchase and assembly, we finally ended up getting one that promises that you don't need tools and we did the job ourselves. What you have to understand is if there was ever an Olympic event to assemble furniture, L and This Man would win hands down. I bet that our time would be one hour, we finished in less than 45 minutes!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The morning started with This Man waking just a few minutes before the sun. It was a quiet Sunday and the house was still asleep. What better time to grab the new bike and go put some miles on it. Initally, I didn't know where to go...to the beach, to Balboa Park or just around the neighborhood. Ultimately I settled on all of them! First the park and then the beach and maybe around my house. Riding through Balboa was first and served as my warm up. And it was virtually empty so I could stop and take all the pictures that I wanted and the only people that I would disturb would've been the bums sleeping on the park benches. I spent an hour there before packing the bike back into my Jeep and heading over to Pacific Beach.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The ride in Pacific Beach was Mantastic! Even with all of the people running, strolling, cycling, blading, surfing and just wondering around aimlessly, it was good to be out so early in the morning. I weaved my way through all of those wondering and because I was having such a great time, I ended up riding all the way from Pacific Beach down to Mission Beach! I think the fact that I'd forgotten where I parked and therefore didn't want to think about it, had something to do with it. Nevertheless, the two hour ride was cool and I wasn't nearly exhausted so I kept on going. This Man figures, at this rate, I plan to own the beaches this spring & summer.
The barbecue turned out outstanding, considering it was the first time at the grill and I'm still thinking about those steaks, while typing this. I hate that my friend, S couldn't stop by but she had duty. So now This Man has a fridge full of Budweiser and noone but myself to drink it.
Not a problem at all!
With tomorrow being Monday, I dread going back to work. But I have to say this has been the best 17 days off ever! I did absolutely nothing--just like I said I would. I'm sure there will be a lot of drama waiting for me when I get there, but I figured I couldn't stay holed up in this house forever. It's finally time to go back out and join the working class--ugh! And that's the Weekend WrapUp.
See ya tomorrow.

Mahalo


0 Responses to “Spring Forward/The Weekend WrapUp”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3