You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



And I have to sleep here too?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So today was This Man's first duty day back at work and for starters, the work day was fine meaning there was no real drama to mention. I managed to make it through the day, pretending to be engaged in preparing one of our spaces for inspection while the rest of my division carried the new computers onboard our fine warship. This Man absolutely refused to participate (and you would too if you had to move over 200 brand new Dell CPUs & monitors). It's just that when I was stationed onboard my previous warship, I did the exact same thing and This Man vowed then that I would never, ever (ever, ever, ever) move anymore computers again. So once the work day was done and the rest of my division had left for the day, This Man was left to resume the rest of the duty day. Mind you, I'd become accustomed to being at home in the evenings so I really didn't want to start back eating my meals from the ship's galley (the food is garbage), shower using the ship's water (too much bromine) and sleeping in my rack (the mattress is only 6 inches thick).
"You mean, I have to sleep here?" This Man asked a fellow sailor as if it was my first day onboard a ship.
"Man, you know how the routine is, once every eight days." he responded.
"Ewwww, I would've thought that by now they could've changed that policy." I joked. But that little comment fell upon deaf ears.
So there I was, listening to my CDs in my coffin rack, comforting myself with the thought that it's only for 24 hours and then I can go back home. UGH, I hate duty days.

Mahalo


1 Responses to “And I have to sleep here too?”

  1. Blogger THATGUY_HEATH 

    Man, I have no idea...but it's on display in from of the Modern Art Museum at Balboa Park in San Diego. I like the picture, but can't remember what the plaque called it. The next time I'm over there, I'll take a look and let you know.
    Cheers!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3