You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



A whole bunch of nothing.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Today, during my shift at Target, This Man decided that to occupy my time during slow periods I would create a list. On this list would be certain things, that I would have to count and see how many customers who came through my checkout lane would either have among their purchases or be doing. I was also to keep a going count and finally tally it all up at the end of my shift. Today, I worked from 4:30 pm until 10 o'clock however the tally went from 5 o'clock until closing time.
Since This Man worked the express lane today and it was a Thursday, the crowd was sparse and I was able to make time to do this. Out of a total of 213 customers between 5 and 10 pm, here are the 12 things that were on my list:
1. # people who purchased Father's Day cards: 13
2. # of people who actually paid for their purchases by writing a check: 3
3. # of people who had screaming children with them: 2
4. # of screaming children heard throughout the store during my shift: 12
5. # of people who bought Father's Day gifts minus the card: 2
6. # of men worth flirting with: 6
7. # of men who actually flirted with This Man: 2
8. # of people who came through the 10 items or less line with more than
10 items: 19
9. # of people who actually paid for their purchases with either a Target Visa
or a Target store card: 5
10. # of people who bought the new Coldplay X and Y CD: 5
11. # of people who bought the new Black Eyed Peas Monkey Business CD: 2
12. # of people who bought Coldplay's X and Y and Black Eyed Peas'
Monkey Business together: 2
See this is the result of what happens when This Man has entirely too much free time on his hands.

Mahalo


1 Responses to “A whole bunch of nothing.”

  1. Blogger THATGUY_HEATH 

    Charming smile, my ass...I've somehow taught myself to become devoid of all facial expression whenever I'm standing behind a register at Target. This confuses this customers as to whether I'm joking with them or I'm dead serious.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3