You think your life is fucked up? Try living a piece of mine.



The Lone Star Tragedy


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Okay, since so much happened during my weekend getaway to the Lone Star State, This Man decided that since I wasn't able to blog while I was there, I would sum it all up with pictures and words.Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • Friday July 22, 5:15p.m., This Man and my handsome son, D departed San Diego's Limbergh Field for Dallas/Fort Worth. The sole purpose of the trip was to take my son to his grandmother's house for the summer and to visit family and friends.
  • We arrived at Dallas/Fort Worth International at 10:30p.m. CST and the first moment that us passengers were given permission to turn on our mobile phones, my good friend, DSS was calling me to meet him at JR's for drinks as soon as This Man got settled in.Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • Finally got to Fort Worth close to 11:30. Got D all settled in. Got caught up on small talk with R and made a brief trip to the 24 hour WalMart Supercenter.
  • Didn't get to JR's until a few minutes before Last Call, but This Man is a sailor. I ordered a couple of drinks and downed them all at the table before they turned the lights on, signaling that the bar was closing.
  • After chugging down the Budweisers & Bombay Sapphire, This Man, my friend DSS and a couple of friends of his were on the sidewalk of Oak Lawn. At the persistence of DSS's friends, rather than go dancing at Station 4, we would continue drinking at their Lakewood home and perhaps have a hot tub. So there I was, driving clear across Dallas with DSS hanging out the passenger side window on the brink of throwing up in the rental car.
  • Finally arrive at J & M's house, DSS has past out and it's just those two and This Man having some Chardonnay and talking. Even though, I didn't know these guys, I was cordial because I couldn't leave, DSS at their place when all I wanted to do was leave, head back to Oak Lawn and cruise guys. Finally at 4 a.m, I get DSS back to his place and head back to Fort Worth.
  • Saturday was spent with This Man, my son D and his grandmother back at WalMart looking at digital cameras. After that, went to see my sister, my brother and law and my nephew. After all this time, I was actually excited to see them. My sister looked fabulous! Her apartment was nice and my nephew was clearly showing signs of being the young man that I knew he would grow into. Hung out with them until later in the afternoon and then headed back to Fort Worth.
  • Took what had to have been the longest nap of my life. By the time I woke up, it was getting dark outside. Still groggy, This Man feasted on some fried catfish before falling asleep for the night.
  • Woke up early Sunday morning with a vengenance! Set about installing R's new printer and making sure her computer was in top condition! My sister called around 8 to coordinate what time we would be driving down to Greenville, TX (my birthplace). We left the Metroplex at 9 and got to Greenville shortly after 10 a.m. This Man briefly saw my grandmother and aunt before setting about to find my sister, M and my brother, V. After driving through Greenville (population 23,250) and having no luck in finding where my sister or brother lived and everyone's phones were cut off (ghetto, I know--but that's the fam for ya) my sister & This Man agreed that we would feed take my son and my great niece & nephew to the park and try again later. Almost 2 hours later, still no luck and we decided to head back to Dallas/Fort Worth.
  • Just before we hit the interstate, we did head out to the cemetery where This Man's mother and aunt were buried. I was happy to be out there and did get some pics of the headstones (of course, I won't be posting those pics on this blog).
  • Made it back to Fort Worth around 1. Stayed at my sister's house and fixed her computer, making sure that it was in top condition. Called my friend DSS and agreed to go swimming with him and his partner SS. Showed up at their place, swam for a while before heading out, driving around Dallas and later settling in for drinks and appetizers at Snookies.
  • Dropped SS back at home and DSS and This Man went to the Throckmorton Mining Company. It was great to see how they'd renovated the place. The men were still hot and cruising was awesome! Spun around to S4 (formerly The Village Station) and danced there for a while before I finally took DSS home and This Man went back to Fort Worth.
  • Monday morning, woke up and set about getting ready to return to San Diego. Returned the rental car and headed back to the airport a couple of hours early before hopping on the plane and heading back to San Diego. I was so exhausted from the weekend, that This Man slept the whole 2 hours of the flight.Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • Finally back in SD. I arrived at Linbergh Field just after 7:30 p.m. It was so good to be back home. I mean, This Man loves his family but it's clear that Dallas/Fort Worth has grown and progressed without me and San Diego was clearly my home


1 Responses to “The Lone Star Tragedy”

  1. Blogger Jason Hamilton 

    Hey That Guy... sounds like your DFW trip was better than ours last May

    http://blog.jasonshamilton.com/2005/05/is-there-problem-officer.html

    We made up for in Beijing the month before. You can check out those pics on the new site http://blog.jasonshamilton.com

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm THATGUY_HEATH
  • From San Diego, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Check these blogs out


ATOM 0.3